Do you ever feel significant chest pain?
Does it worry you?
Any type of chest pain that causes you concern or that is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, should be considered an emergency:
- Pressure, tightness and squeezing pain across the chest
- Pain radiating down the arm, shoulders, jaw, neck, and back, particularly on the left side
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness, sweating, weakness, overwhelming fatigue
- Feeling of impending doom
- Headache, blurry vision, light-headedness, feeling faint
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as indigestion, nausea and vomiting
- Coughing and palpitations
You are much better safe than sorry.
If you experience symptoms like those above, you want to get to a hospital and rule out the possibility that you are having a heart attack.
Do not reason it away and lose valuable time.
There are many other causes of chest pain that can become worrisome, but they won’t give you sudden extreme symptoms like those of a heart attack.
Any of the following might give you chest pain:
GERD or heartburn
Suffice to say that if you are worried, seek the advice of your doctor.
With that said, let me also say that even if you think your chest pain is related to stress, it is still cause for concern. Continue reading article