Something you learned 30 years ago may very well be responsible for your suffering.
Do you think that purchasing products that are “low-fat” and “no-fat” are helping you to lose weight and avoid heart disease? That information is in your brain because of a study done by Ancel Keys. That study has laid the foundation for three decades of nutrition science, education and public policy. The problem is that the study comes to conclusions that are just plain wrong.
If the label on that can or box says low or no fat, you can bet that the product tastes like cardboard without lots of extra sugar. That sugar is doing more than just making you fat. It is poisoning you.
Thanks to Richard Nixon’s war on poverty and his partnership with the USDA to bring down the price of food, High Fructose Corn Syrup was introduced in 1975 to replace sugar because it was cheap and readily available.
Fructose is even more poisonous to your body than sugar is. Your body does not secrete insulin to digest fructose, because it is not recognized as a food. Fructose has to be processed by your liver.
Bio-chemists know that the way your body reacts to fructose is all the evidence needed to prove that fructose is a poison rather than a food.
“Hey wait, the commercials on television say that moderate use of fructose is ok!”
I’ve seen that commercial. You need to be aware that it is not safe. It has never been tested safe. There is no evidence that it is in fact safe. As well, since it is in EVERYTHING you are using it more than moderately.
Fructose contributes to insulin resistance and weight gain. That is why diabetes is SO much more prevalent today than it was 30 years ago. The way fructose is metabolized, a high fructose diet is worse than a high fat diet.
Chemicals disguised as foods just do not nurture you.
- sugared beverages are the main culprit
- eating sweets minus fiber assaults your system
- second helpings before waiting for the signal that your system is satisfied will guarantee that you will over eat
- sitting still for prolonged periods causes unhealthy blood sugar levels
- stress and illness raise blood sugar levels (this does not necessarily mean you have diabetes)
Want to avoid Diabetes?
- drink water or milks instead of sweet drinks
- eat fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth
- wait at least 20 minutes before you fill your plate a second time
- earn screen time (television, video game, or computer) with an equal amount of active time
- practice relaxing, it is an important part of controlling blood sugar
Why is exercise so important for healthy blood sugar levels?
- Because it improves skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity
- Because it reduces stress and resultant cortisol release
- Because it improves your metabolism and detoxifies your body of fructose
Remember that the more HFCS you eat the less success you will see with diet and exercise for weight loss.
Look, don’t kid yourself into thinking that the FDA will protect you. The FDA only regulates acute poisoning. That means an instant reaction to food. HFCS causes insulin resistance and the resulting suffering involved only after you eat many doses of this poison.
The FDA does not regulate chronic poisoning.
Fructose isn’t metabolized by the brain, it’s metabolized by the liver. The FDA knows that signs of poisoning will not be immediate, so they protect profits instead of “harming the economy” by alerting the public to a poison in all of your favorite junk foods.
Those are the facts. You can protect yourself and your loved ones by reading labels, and choosing not to poison yourself. Or better yet, injest foods the way mother nature packages them, complete with fiber and nutrients you need.
Then get plenty of fun activity in your day so that you create some insulin sensitivity. Bodies in motion stay in motion, coach potatoes have already assumed the daisy pushing position. Inactivity is a big part of what causes diabetes and weight gain.
Even if you don’t feel like it, you are worth it! If exercise could be fun, what would that look like to you?
Why should you devote time to meditation for diabetes?
- Meditation is a powerful stress management tool and it has a very powerful effect on your blood sugar levels.
You are also much more likely to make better food choices and fit activity into each day if you devote time to relaxation.
- Spending quiet time focused on Sacred Breathing will support better food choices and more willingness to be active.
You actually have to work at relaxing to get anywhere. Hanging out in front of the television does not allow you to release tension.
Sit tall with your head on top of your spine, or lie down and relax every muscle for at least a few minutes everyday.
- Healing diabetes takes conscious effort to create change.
Check in with yourself on a regular basis and practice creating a relaxed state.
A tool that can help you get to that relaxed state quicker and easier is a meditation technology tool that I have been using for ten years with great results.
Click on the link and order your free demo CD from Centerpointe.
Carrie Tucker, RCP
The Life Breath Coach
Heart Failure Solutions
PS– Remember everyday:
- Relax and Release tension
- Exhale Slowly
- Be active in a way that adds joy to your life
Plus pure water ~whole foods~sunshine~and laughter