Weather messing with your exercise program?
I seem to be living under a perpetual gray cloud lately. The clouds really aren’t all that bad, it’s the frigid trade winds that get to me.
Do you walk or jog first thing in the morning?
Isn’t it hard to get out there when it is raining, or worse yet snowing… and COLD?
You just feel like turning off the alarm and pulling the blanket over your head.
“Wake me up when it is sunny!”
Or maybe…. you are suffering at the other end of the spectrum. Are your clothes dripping after your afternoon walk, and you feel like a noodle trying to lift a fork to your mouth at dinner?
The sun can really take it out of you, huh?
What is the alternative to suffering through the elements to get your daily exercise in?
Drive through traffic to the gym to run around in circles without a view?
Fun? I don’t think so!
Why is exercise important anyway?
Is Exercise Worth Your Time?
- Exercise strengthens your heart muscle.
- If you lose muscle you lose bone.
- Mental clarity is not associated with lazy people.
- Exercise actually increases your metabolism AND your energy level.
- Physical activity strengthens your immune system.
Are you still asking why is exercise important?
How can you keep the motivation-stealing weather from sabotaging your daily walk?
- Go to sleep in your sweat suit, it makes cozy jammies and you won’t have to do anything but put on your shoes and walk out the door on those cold mornings.
- Invest in a good jacket that repels water and has a hood that zips up to your chin. Keep that cold wind off your neck.
- Plan your walk early and/or late, that way you avoid the heat of the day.
- When you can’t avoid the heat, wrap a cold wet towel around your neck. I like to actually put it in the freezer for a few minutes. It’s surprising how much it helps keep you cool.
- Visualize yourself walking through rain and snow with a smile on your face and feel how ripped with muscles you are.
Feel the youthful energy that exercise gives you.
Believe it or not, if you can SEE yourself happy, strong, and sexy as a result of exercise….. you’ll get out there no matter what the weather is doing.
If you need a few more reasons to believe your exercise efforts are worth it, click on the link below and read on!
Carrie Tucker, RCP
The Life Breath Coach
Heart Failure Solutions
PS– Remember everyday:
- Relax and Release tension
- Exhale Slowly
- Be active in a way that adds joy to your life
Plus pure water ~whole foods~sunshine~and laughter